We just recently found a great article from SmashingMagazine.com that lists 25 Free Applications for Apple Macs that could help save you some time. Here are a few that you might find helpful:
- Dateline: a linear calendar on your desktop within a transparent window, which has direct access to iCal by double clicking on a day.
- DropBox: a very easy way to share huge files without dealing with server issues or mailing CD’s to clients. Since it’s an application that runs in the background, you can leave it running and it does the file updates on the machines seamlessly. You have a 2GB limit for the free accounts.
- TaskMate: a very simple task management application. Create a task, check it off when completed and it disappears from your list. The completed tasks are visible on the sidebar that you can toggle on and off.
- iZoom: a simple application designed to allow you to easily resize and crop your photos for optimized display on your iPod photo, on the web, or in email messages to friends.
- Paparazzi!: a small utility that makes screenshots of web-pages, Paparazzi! allows you to define minimum size and capture size, so you can capture the best screenshot according to your needs. You can choose between saving the resulting picture as .jpeg, .pdf, .png or .tiff, also adding a thumbnail and thumbnail icon.
For a complete list, read the full article HERE.